William Rossoto, Artist, Author, Residential Designer, Photgrapher,

Thursday, March 25, 2010

First Art Blog Post


This is my first blog post 3-25-10

I wanted to start this blog because I thought it would be interesting to share my artistic endeavors with you. Some days are spent painting, but there is also a great deal of time spent in the area of promotion and research. I am just starting to find the balancing point in how I spend my time, to little time spent on the marketing aspects and I know I will have few sales, but to much and I will have no new art work to show. This is one of the things many artist struggle with, some just want to paint and forgo the marketing aspect of things, while others will do lots of marketing, but have little art work to display. Of course if you are in the upper ranks of artist, that is, "well known" you will probably have an art representative. As for me, I am in a few galleries, sell my work on line, and through word of mouth. I hope to find a great art representative this year, this would free me up to paint, paint, paint.........

Today I had a great day in the studio working on some compositions for my upcoming equestrian series. I have loved horses for some time now and I also ride dressage, but until now I had never really tried to draw horses. I think I've drawn just about everything else and feel very comfortable drawing, but I still have a lot to learn about horse anatomy and how to present them with a sensibility of the noble, strong, beautiful creatures they are. I probably will spend the next year drawing & painting studies of horses before I attempt to create the real series for a gallery to sell.

Saying for the day: Express yourself without ego, from your heart, honestly, and with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on this blog. I appreciate your ideas, assessments and or any other commentary you may have.