William Rossoto, Artist, Author, Residential Designer, Photgrapher,

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Marketing Art Day



Producing art work is a wonderful, joyful experience. If I only create new art and deny the need for marketing my work, I'll have a studio full of art with no outlet for sales, so this day is devoted to gallery research, juried shows, and making follow up e-mails and phone calls.

I find this activity of marketing to require a great deal of creativity in a different realm, and it is an art unto itself. Finding galleries that are within the realm of what I do requires an enormous amount of research and diligence. Each has their own standards for applying, so I have to tweak each application. I also am working on a few things for magazines which want to feature my work, so I put together all the pictures and information for that as well. The most recent request came from My Daily Thread, and I should appear in an article in a few weeks.

I hope that soon I will have an art representative, so that I can focus solely on creating art.

The attached picture is a working sketch for my new equestrian series I recently started.

Saying for the day; Do all things in accordance with your heart...............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on this blog. I appreciate your ideas, assessments and or any other commentary you may have.